1. Construction Background
Style of study is the spiritual motivation, attitude, style, and methods that are condensed in the process of teaching and learning. It shows unique characteristics and rich connotations according to the different characteristics of different schools, and gradually through the will and actions of all members of the school. To form and solidify into a tradition and style, these traditions and styles play a significant role in the growth of students and have a profound impact on the development and construction of the school. The construction of style of study is in a very important position in the management of colleges and universities, and it is the top priority of the management of colleges and universities. For colleges and universities, the style of study is an important basis for measuring the effectiveness of a university student’s work. For students, serious and fulfilling college life while studying will not only leave traces of struggle for their university, but also for them in the future your work and life ( Fang, 2015). Excellent style of study has strong cohesion and positive binding force. It is a necessary guarantee for the completion of teaching tasks and a prerequisite for educational reform. It can promote the stable development of schools.
For many years, the College of Food Science of Heilongjiang Bayi Agricultural University has continuously explored effective ways to build a study style. In September 2009, the college implemented a class goal management project throughout the school. The class cohesion has been continuously strengthened, and the overall quality of students has improved significantly. After 5 years of practical exploration, a conclusion was drawn in the comparison of data and the analysis of the effectiveness of the implementation of each class project. The most significant effect in target management is the construction of the class’s characteristic culture. Based on this conclusion, in 2013, based on the extensive collection of opinions and suggestions from teachers and students, the Party Committee of the College of Food Science had decided to organize and carry out “the Academy has a brand, a specialty and a characteristic, a class has a project, and a student has a specialty.” “Class characteristic project construction is the enrichment and optimization of characteristic culture construction in class target management”. In 2018, in accordance with the requirements of the school’s academic style construction of “one hospital, one product”, the College of Food Science with its solid foundation and outstanding innovation as its starting point, identified the “project-driven” characteristic class construction project as the 2018 academic style construction brand project, and further developed the “class”. “Characteristic project construction” is the driving role of construction of study style.
2. Construction Ideas
The project focuses on cultivating students at different levels, students of lower grade focus on cultivating comprehensive qualities in all aspects, and higher grade students focus on cultivating professional practice and operation ability, providing strong support for students’ entrepreneurial employment. According to the characteristics of the class, the class determines a characteristic theme and develops a series of second classroom professional development and practical activities. Through one year, the class brand project is initially created to form class characteristics and create a strong class learning and academic atmosphere. Create a healthy class atmosphere and a rigorous and rich learning atmosphere within the scope.
3. Specific Contents
Class characteristic project needs to be closely integrated with the main points of the school and college’s work this year, combined with the student’s specialty or class characteristics to form features and have clear expectations and acceptable results. Application can be made around quality improvement, professional practice, social research, hobbies, volunteer services, employment and entrepreneurship, etc., or you can choose one of the above points to apply, such as zero-level subject classes, bedroom hygiene 100% Qualified classes and other classes are encouraged to develop projects that can help strengthen students’ professional literacy, strengthen student skills training, build student autonomous learning platforms, and promote student entrepreneurship and employment.
4. Implementation Steps
The project construction period is one year and can be applied every year. The project can be continuous in content or a discontinuous project suitable for the characteristics of different grades of the class. Its purpose is to promote the construction of the class style. The entire implementation process of the project is divided into 7 stages: organization and launch, research application, review and approval, project implementation, mid-term inspection, experience summary, and acceptance and settlement. For example Table 1.
5. Main Effect
1) The rate of student participation in class-specific project construction is high. The host contest, speech contest, skills contest and other activities organized by the school every day generally require students with special skills to participate, and the students participating in the class characteristic project are all students in the class. This actively mobilizes the initiative of all members of the class to achieve Involved in the full participation of students, self-education
Table 1. List of “class characteristic project construction”.
and self-service. At the acceptance meeting in December 2019, a questionnaire survey was randomly conducted on the students. 70 questionnaires were sent and 68 were returned. According to the questionnaire, 98.53% of the students were aware of the theme of class special project construction and actively participated in the project construction.
2) The college has basically achieved the “eight high and four low” style of study. In 2018, “one hospital, one product” style of study proposed high student attendance rates, high pass rates, high grade rates, high award rates, high proportion of social practice participants, high employment rates, high student participation in scientific research, and campus cultural activities High grades; good academic style construction indicators of “eight high and four low” with low fail rate, low discipline rate, low absenteeism rate, and low academic warning rate. The school drives the construction of study style with class-specific project construction, and basically achieves the study style construction goal. For example Table 2.
Table 2. 2018-2019 Academic style construction standards of college of food science.
It can be seen from Table 2 that, except for the social practice participation rate of seniors in 2018, which is slightly lower than the indicator, and the student violation rate is zero, the other indicators have been achieved. In particular, the student winning rate and scientific research participation rate are relatively high, and the project construction effect is relatively significant.
3) Enriched class activities. Focusing on the characteristics of the class, class students carried out activities such as in-school learning exchanges and out-of-school practice surveys in teams as required by the project construction, which not only enriched the content of class activities, especially class meetings, but also expanded the scope of class activities, surpassing traditional singing The scope of cultural and recreational activities such as entertainment, games, and dinners has enhanced the content and quality of class activities and promoted the construction of class culture ( Yang& Kang, 2018).
4) Formed a group of distinctive class features. There are currently 5 majors in the School of Food. Through the classification and analysis of projects in recent years, it has been found that the classes of Food Science and Engineering focus on food production and research and development; the classes of Packaging Engineering focus on packaging testing and participation in various competitions Students with provincial or higher award rates are above 40%; classes of two majors, food quality and safety and food nutrition and inspection education, focus more on food safety promotion, research, and food safety prevention; classes of food engineering majors focus on deep processing of miscellaneous grain. Take the 2016 (1) class construction of food science and engineering as an example. See Table 3 for details. These mature project construction experiences can provide a reference for the construction of characteristic classes in related classes in colleges and even other universities.
6. Main Experience
1) Carefully planned and organized. All majors and classes should take the opportunity to carry out class-specific project construction activities, give full play to the initiative of class members, enhance students’ collective ideas, collaboration consciousness, and team spirit, and create a healthy class atmosphere and a rigorous and rich learning atmosphere.
2) Take professional development as the carrier and breakthrough for the construction of class-specific projects. Class-specific items can be centered on specialty or related to improving overall quality and ability. However, since the beginning of the sophomore year, the theme of professional development has been unified, which is closer to the actual needs and immediate interests of students. It can better mobilize students’ participation and gain the support of professional teachers and colleges.
3) The topic selection of class features should not be too large. Class special projects should focus on the personnel training goals of the specialty and specific content in the relevant field of the specialty, and must closely combine the
Table 3. Food science and engineering class 2016 (1).
work points of the school and college this year to determine the project construction topics; avoid problems such as a wide range of topics, difficulty, and poor operation.
4) The topic selection should reflect the principle of promoting student development, and promoting student development is one of the main goals of the study style construction. The first is to adhere to the principle of student body. Regardless of the design of the plan or the implementation of the project, the subject should be a class student, the purpose is to cultivate students’ sense of ownership and responsibility. The second is to adhere to the principle of facing the whole. The construction of class-specific projects is not a matter for the head teacher or the backbone of several students, but for each classmate to participate in and get exercise in the creation practice. The third is the principle of advancing with the times. Class development is a dynamic process. The construction period of a class’s characteristic project is one year, so the plan for creating a characteristic project must be forward-looking. In the process of creation, we must continuously adjust the creation goals and strategies according to the school’s education and teaching and the speed of class construction and development, so as to improve the effectiveness of the creation ( Yang, 2012).
5) Strengthen publicity and focus on accumulation. The construction of class-specific projects is an important carrier for strengthening the study style and displaying the results of class construction ( Chen & Wu, 2017). Excavating and publicizing the characteristics and highlights of each class should be paied attention to. Display activities between class groups, between classes and colleges should be regularly organized, and class “dot” activities should be used to promote the creation of a “face” atmosphere in a wider range of fields, thereby further reflecting the meaning and value of the activity. After 7 years of implementation and display, the teachers and students of the college are basically aware of the class project construction activities of the School of Food Science, and they have gained a small reputation in the school.
The construction of class-specific projects is an effective measure to promote the construction of style of study, and it has shown its distinctive highlights in practical exploration, such as high student participation; wide-ranging project content; projects are carried out at different levels; the grades focus on practical operation and the enhancement of entrepreneurship and employment ability; the project fully mobilizes students’ autonomy and creativity, and better realizes the combination of student spontaneity and teacher guidance. However, there are also problems such as incomplete evaluation systems and low incentives, which need to be improved in future practice.
 Chen, Q. B., & Wu, S. H. (2017). An Empirical Study of Class Construction under the College System, Take Hangzhou Business School of Zhejiang Gongshang University as an Example. Journal of Ningbo Institute of Education, 5, 99-101.
 Fang, W. (2015). Research on the Carrier Design of College Study Style Based on PDCA Cycle Theory, Taking the Characteristic Project of Class Style Construction in Lishui University for Nationalities as an Example. Brand, 6, 214-216.
 Yang, R. J., & Kang, C. (2018). Exploring the Characteristic Culture Construction of “One Class, One Product” Class in Universities Beijing. Heilongjiang Education (Higher Education Research and Evaluation), 1, 200-202.