Cross-border e-commerce has become an important development mode of international trade, which is of great significance to promoting trade facilitation, creating new trade modes and promoting economic globalization. In November 2019, the State Administration of Taxation issued the measures for verifying and levying income tax on cross-border e-commerce exports, which set the taxable income rate at 4 percent, fully legalizing cross-border exports. The success of the two-ever-expanding China International Import Expo has enabled cross-border e-commerce to transcend countries and keep pace with import and export cross-border e-commerce. Especially during the COVID-19 epidemic, cross-border e-commerce companies made significant contributions to the import and export of epidemic prevention materials. In the post-epidemic era, the country’s top leaders are paying more attention to the important role of cross-border e-commerce as a new engine of foreign trade. With the rapid development of cross-border e-commerce in China in the past decade, enterprises have a huge demand for talents at all levels of cross-border e-commerce. According to media reports, the talent shortage is as high as over 3 million. The rapidly developing cross-border e-commerce industry needs inter-disciplinary talents with innovative and entrepreneurial consciousness who are familiar with international trade operation, understand network marketing operation and management, are good at e-commerce business technology, understand e-commerce platform, have good foreign language communication skills, and can grasp the trend and operation process of cross-border e-commerce .
2. Difficulties Existing in the Cross-Border E-Commerce Teaching of Vocational Colleges
The Ministry of Education announced that cross-border e-commerce will be added to higher vocational colleges in 2019. Cross-border e-commerce professional itself is an emerging field, and it is a cross subject, which has the characteristics of the international trade professional, has the characteristics of electronic commerce, which need a solid theory foundation of basic skills, and the actual hands-on ability, to the requirements of the teacher, teaching material requirements, training requirements are very high, However, in fact, there are many difficulties and deficiencies in all aspects. For example, cross-border e-commerce platform lacks practical training simulation software and actual combat account. Most cross-border e-commerce platforms are merchants with membership system and charge annual fees. B2C/B2B cross-border e-commerce platforms also require a business license to apply for entry into the platform. As a result, higher vocational colleges are unable to provide students with relevant real operation scenarios. Cross-border e-commerce training courses can only be practiced on virtual platforms. Graduates are not even familiar with the background of major mainstream e-commerce platforms, not to mention the use of various tools for promotion and operation. A few years ago, Dunhuang network individual users are still able to register for free, but in terms of operating funds because of the lack of operation, promotion funds, so that the background operation can not be carried out. Students’ skills are often limited to the making of e-commerce master map, detail page and basic knowledge of e-commerce operation process. They have no chance to receive the experience of investment return brought by data analysis, let alone to optimize the relevant operation plan according to the data .
Therefore, the development of this major has been confronted with the bottleneck of teaching mode innovation. How to carry out reasonable construction of cross-border e-commerce major in higher vocational colleges and develop a teaching mode suitable for the development of this major and capable of cultivating talents who can be employed by enterprises is extremely urgent.
3. Advantages of the Teaching Mode of “Integration of Competition, Certificate and Training”
“Certificate training integration” teaching mode is to point to by attending professional related practical training and competition, improve the professional ability of students, focus on reform of the teaching process of practicality, openness and occupational, while teaching and learning, practice and examination, while racing, while training, the game teaching, in the middle school, in tests, in this training, learning and practice in the training, It focuses on the close integration of “learning and training, learning and competition, and the combination of competition, training and teaching”, so as to achieve the teaching effect of “competition promotes learning, training, examination, teaching and innovation” .
1) The teaching mode of “Integration of Competition, Certification and Training” conforms to the characteristics of cross-border e-commerce major. The purpose of the competition is generally to test students’ theoretical learning level and improve students’ practical ability, which is undoubtedly consistent with the professional characteristics of cross-border e-commerce major. By organizing students to participate in competitions that meet professional requirements, not only students’ practical ability can be improved, but also students can be organized to conduct the examination of assistant cross-border e-commerce teacher in combination with the competition. According to the competition requirements and experience, the teaching plan can be improved in time and forward-looking talent cultivation plan can be formulated. For example, the time arrangement of practical training courses is organically combined with the time of big competitions. For example, the college selection competition of the National Cross-border E-commerce Competition is also the certification link for assistant cross-border e-commerce teachers. According to the arrangement of the organizer, it is generally in the middle and late May, and the practical training courses are arranged in the early and middle of May, which is conducive to the pre-exam training for students.
2) The teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training” plays a vital role in improving students’ comprehensive quality. By participating in major related competitions, students can not only improve their professional ability, especially their professional practice ability, but also cultivate their ability to communicate with others and work in a team, which provides an open platform for students to show themselves and learn from others. Participating in the competition, especially the provincial and national competitions, the contestants come from all colleges and universities in the province and even all over the country. Through the exchange of participating in the competition, students can not only affirm their own advantages, but also learn from more excellent competitors from schools and make up for their weaknesses. For example, after participating in a series of competitions, students majoring in cross-border e-commerce and international trade in our college not only strengthened their self-confidence and sense of honor, but also made them realize their own shortcomings.
3) The implementation of the teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training” can promote teachers to carry out teaching reform and improve teaching quality. In order to better cooperate with the progress of the major competitions, teachers must pay more attention to the practicality and frontier of teaching in the teaching, and cultivate students’ innovation ability, team cooperation ability and on-site expression. In terms of examination mode, we try to introduce skills competition results into the examination of professional practical training courses, and integrate the competition into the teaching of professional courses, so as to truly realize the concept of “promoting learning, training, examination, teaching and innovation through competition”.
4) The implementation of the teaching mode of “integration of competition, certification and training” is a highlight of the integration of theory and practice. For example, during the college selection stage of the National Cross-border E-commerce Vocational Skills Competition, contestants used the “Aopai Cross-border E-commerce Theory Assessment System” + “Cross-border E-commerce Skilled Assessment System” developed by Aopai Stock, a technical support unit, to improve their cognition of cross-border operation business process and skills operation ability. In the final stage, the competition will add the “Cross-border E-commerce Operation Decision Sand Table” competition platform which is newly developed by the technical support unit on the basis of “Cross-border E-commerce Operational Operation Platform”. “Cross-border e-commerce actual operation platform” around the cross-border e-commerce selection, website design, marketing, data analysis of the four core operation links, to carry out the actual operation of cross-border e-commerce websites; “Cross-border electricity business operating decision-making sand” cross-border commercial application of the virtual environment, a platform and independent stand combination operation mode, through the role play, team, simulated operation, against drills, lecturer review, self summary, the completion of the real integration of cross-border selected product, marketing, operations and services improve skills and thinking. Practice has proved that the integration of theory and practice teaching is an effective training mode for skilled talents .
5) The implementation of the teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training” is conducive to cultivating students’ ability and spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. For example, the national new retail buyers entrepreneurship competition, divided into “knowledge grasp, simulation practice, real shop actual combat” three content, with “real goods, real shop, real transaction” of the real online business practice, enrich the practical experience of students majoring in cross-border e-commerce, improve the ability of innovation and entrepreneurship; EBay National Cross-border E-commerce Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition aims to create a national atmosphere for cross-border e-commerce employment and entrepreneurship, promote the improvement of cross-border e-commerce ecosystem, build an active and excellent communication platform for cross-border e-commerce, match the excellent cross-border service resources of the competition, and empower cross-border e-commerce talents. The comprehensive score of “store operation + road show + academic performance” is used as the evaluation result in the final, and the comprehensive score of “store operation + road show” is used as the evaluation result in the final. Each group of contestants should prepare their own business plan. All teams can only use the special account or alternate account provided by the official eBay for operation and competition, and cannot use other existing accounts. The products to participate in the competition are provided by the organizer.
4. Specific Implementation Plan of the Teaching Mode of “Integration of Competition, Certification and Training”
Because the province and even the national competition, in the number of participants and other aspects of the limitations, can not exercise all the students. Therefore, in the implementation of the teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training” (Figure 1), we select excellent students to participate in relevant skills competitions of the province and even the whole country on the basis of relying on the skills competitions in the school. Such a system can not only train all the students, but also accumulate strength for the national competition to ensure excellent results.
1) Organize and implement the on-campus skills competition
The intramural skill competition is the skill league organized by the whole school or the major. The organization of intramural-school league, one is to pay attention to the selection of appropriate competition items, not only to pay attention to the cultivation of students’ professional quality, professional ability, in line with professional characteristics, but also to be related to the national competition, play the purpose of selecting seed players. Second, in competition to organize and implement, to fully mobilize students’ initiative, to develop detailed reward system, not only have the material rewards (such as money, items, reward), more spiritual rewards (such as number, WeChat public organizations
Figure 1. Specific implementation path of the teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training”.
to select players speech recognition project push, semester examination points, etc.), form, under the guidance of teachers The league system where students learn from each other and improve each other. According to the characteristics of the major, cross-border e-commerce major can carry out on-campus skills league including web design project, network marketing and planning project, cross-border e-commerce English, career planning and design project, picture processing project, import and export document production, cross-border e-commerce platform operation planning scheme, etc. Organizational implementation time: April-May each year.
2) Actively participate in provincial and even national competitions
Every year, competitions related to international trade and cross-border e-commerce majors are held in Zhejiang province and all over the country. Although the organization units and competition schedules are different, the competitions have played a positive role in improving students’ practical application ability, pioneering and innovative thinking and teamwork. We will organize students to participate in the National Cross-border E-commerce Skills Competition, the National New Retail Buyers Entrepreneurship Competition, the National Single Window Professional Skills Competition for International Trade, the eBay National Cross-border E-commerce Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, etc. Organizational implementation time: from April to December every year.
3) The combination of on-campus training, summer social practice and on-the-job internship
Practical training for cross-border e-commerce platform promotion, practical training for platform operation, practical training for comprehensive practical training, practical training for document making, comprehensive practical training for international trade, and practical training for single window operation are generally arranged in the two weeks after the May Day of each semester or the last two teaching weeks of the final semester. We cooperate with the school and enterprises, and select excellent students to participate in the summer professional social practice. In the sixth semester, all students will be required to take an on-the-job internship for more than four months and write an internship journal and summary.
4) The combination of “Tutor System” and “Integration of Competition, Certification and Training” teaching mode
For each event, we set up special tutors to guide students to participate. In the implementation of the tutorial system, we pay attention to teachers’ professional quality, especially the professional direction they are good at. Teachers can choose skills projects according to their own strengths, while students can choose appropriate tutors for skills guidance according to their own skills needs and career planning, so as to achieve the goal of “making the best of one’s talents, learning with expertise”. For example, some professional teachers are good at the knowledge of online shop art, then, he can better focus on guiding those students who are more interested in this aspect, and strive to make a breakthrough in the skills competition in this aspect.
5. The Application Results of the Teaching Mode of “Integration of Competition, Certificate and Training” in Cross-Border E-Commerce Teaching, Taking Zhejiang Jinhua Vocational College of Science and Trade as an Example
Zhejiang Jinhua College of Science and Trade began to offer E-commerce (cross-border e-commerce) major in 2015, and international economy and trade major in 2018. Currently, there are two groups of E-commerce graduates, with a total number of about 100 graduates. Currently, there are more than 500 students majoring in E-commerce (Cross-border E-commerce) in the grades of 2017, 2018 and 2019. Since 2016, I have participated in the Zhejiang E-commerce Competition, the National Cross-border E-commerce Vocational Skills Competition, the National International Trade Vocational Skills Competition and the Single Window Skills Competition, and organized students to participate in the professional qualification examination of assistant cross-border e-commerce division and senior foreign economic and trade personnel. Under the guidance of the teachers of this project team, the achievements have been as follows:
1) The first prize in the national final of the First National Cross-border E-commerce Vocational Skills Competition in 2017
2) Won the first prize of Zhejiang division in the first National New Retail Buyers Entrepreneurship Competition in 2019
3) Won the second prize for comprehensive skills of international traders in the 9th CSA National International Trade Vocational Skills Competition and Single Window Skills Competition in 2019.
4) Won the third prize in the national final of the Third National Cross-border E-commerce Vocational Skills Competition in 2019
5) In May 2016, “Xie Xulei, Wo Qiyang, Ying Gang, Lv Kaiyue and Feng Junyao” from the Department of Business Administration won the third prize of college business class in the 11th “Big Red Eagle Cup” E-commerce Competition for College Students in Zhejiang Province.
6) In the 4th National Cross-border E-Commerce Individual Competition in 2020, I organized students from E-Commerce Class 1801 and International Trade Class 1801 to participate, and finally won 119 winning books. 51 students have obtained the professional qualification certificate of assistant cross-border e-commerce division issued by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China. 17 students scored more than 90 points in the final. 2 first prizes, 17 second prizes and 22 third prizes of Cross-border E-commerce Comprehensive Skills Award; Fourteen people won the third prize of the network marketing prize; 27 first prizes, 1 second prize and 6 third prizes for store operation prize; One second prize and five third prizes were awarded for data analysis.
7) As the partner of eBay E Youth Training Project, this project was officially launched in Class 1801 of International Trade and E-commerce. Finally, 31 students passed the official online exam of eBay and obtained the Junior Certificate of E Youth Cross-border Newcomer.
In 2021, the company will participate in the eBay National Cross-border E-commerce Innovation and Entrepreneuracy Competition in 2021 jointly sponsored by Zhejiang Provincial Department of Education, Department of Commerce, China (Hangzhou) Cross-border E-commerce Comprehensive Pilot Zone, eBay Marketplaces GmbH and Zhejiang Guomao Digital Technology Co., Ltd.
Up to now, 112 students have obtained the professional qualification certificate of assistant cross-border e-commerce division. 25 students from E-Commerce Class 1701 participated in the examination, with a 100% pass rate. 49 students have obtained the senior foreign economic and trade personnel professional qualification certificate.
In cross-border electricity practical training teaching, we mainly used the cloud software co., LTD., Nanjing development speed to sell through simulation system and Zhejiang normal university, intelligent dispatch information technology co., LTD. Development of cross-border electricity integrated practical training platform, ERP simulation system and electricity digital operation training platform, 51 business class swim cross-border electricity training platform, etc. Since the summer of 2018, we have sent students to participate in the summer social practice of cross-border e-commerce in Yiwu for two consecutive years, which has achieved a “triple win” effect among enterprises, schools and students.
Since 2018, has trained about 150 cross-border electricity business operations and speaking ability of graduates, basic in the city of counties in zhejiang province engaged in cross-border e-commerce related business enterprise and employment, employment professing degree is high, because has received professional training in actual combat, the load on the, popular with unit of choose and employ persons, some students has become a business backbone, Top performance in the company.
“Certificate training integration” teaching model by attending professional related practical training and competition, while teaching and learning, practice, while training, examination, while, in the game teaching, in the middle school, in tests, in this training, learning, and teaches unity, unity, focus on “learning and training, learning and racing, teaching combined with” on the close integration of achieving the teaching effect of “competition to promote learning, competition to promote training, competition to promote examination, competition to promote teaching, competition to promote innovation”.
The students take part in the game, professional skill and fusion of actual combat training, social practice and field work, change the teaching status quo of boring single and divorced from reality, to solve the problems of cross-border e-commerce teaching and teaching mode combining the real integration, namely to improve the teachers’ teaching ability, and improve the students’ learning interest and enthusiasm. It has realized the training goal of “using both hands and brain, and having both integrity and ability” for higher vocational students.
In view of the differences in the foundation of different students, in the course teaching practice and extracurricular competition practice, provide hierarchical practical training, so that students of different levels have room for improvement. Expand the competition practice, create a hierarchical competition atmosphere, and stimulate the enthusiasm and passion of students of different levels in the actual cross-border e-commerce operation: attract a large area with the “school competition”, train a small area with the competition base, and encourage top students with the national competition key. Subject competition is the kindling of “torch” and an effective means to activate students’ learning. The teaching mode of “integration of competition, certificate and training” realizes the integration of the first class and the second class. Discipline competition plays a role in activating the training process, making teachers, classes and majors alive, and becomes an effective way to promote the teaching reform. Through the competition, students from “want me to learn” to “I want to learn” to “I love learning”, even away from teachers, textbooks and classroom can also take the initiative to study, explore, independent management .
General Project of the Second BATCH of Teaching Reform Research Project of Zhejiang Province “Thirteenth Five-Year Plan” (Zhejiang Department of Education JG20191068).
 Dai, H.L., Chen, L. and Zhang, J.P. (2018) Research on the Talent Cultivation Mode of the Integration of “Competition, Certificate and Training” in the Context of “Yishang” Personality Building: Taking “Marketing Management Sand Table Simulation” as an Example. Times Finance, 2018, No.1 (Cumulativety No. 684), 322-324.
 Fu, C.M. and He, Q. (2021) Research on Current Situation and Countermeasures of Cross-Border E-Commerce Talent Training in Colleges and Universities in the “Internet +” Era. Modern Business Trade Industry, 41, No. 33, 44-45.