Dr. Partha Patra
Department of Earth and Environmental Engineering
Columbia University, USA
2007 Ph.D., Department of Metallurgical, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
2001 M.E., Department of Metallurgical, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India
1. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Microbially – induced flocculation and flotation for pyriteseparation from oxide gangue minerals, Minerals Engineering16 (2003) 965 – 973.
2. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Microbially – induced flocculation and flotation for separation of chalcopyrite from quartz and calcite, International Journal of Mineral Processing (2004) 143 – 155.
3. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Microbially enhanced removal of pyrite and chalcopyrite from oxide gangue minerals with reference to desulfurization of tailings.Minerals and Metallurgical Processing, Vol. 21. No 4. November 2004, 169.
4. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Microbially – induced Flotation and flocculation of Pyrite and Sphalerite, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 36, (2004) 91 – 99
5. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Surface chemical studies on selective separation of pyrite and galena in the presence of bacterial cells and metabolic products of Paenibacillus polymyxa, Journal of Colloid and interface Science Volume 298, Issue 2, 15 June 2006, Pages 720-729.
6. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Role of mineral specific bacterial protein in selective flocculation and flotation. International Journal of Mineral Processing, Vol. 88, Issue 1-2, August, 2008.
7. Patra, P, Natarajan, K.A., Microbially-induced separation of chalcopyrite and galena. Minerals Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 10, 2008.
8. P. Patra, T. Bhambhani, M. Vasudevan, D. R. Nagaraj, P. Somasundaran, International Journal of Mineral Processing, 2012, 104-105, 45–48
9. P. Patra, T. Bhambhani, D. R. Nagaraj, P. Somasundaran, Impact of Pulp Rheological Behavior on Selective Separation of Ni minerals from Fibrous Serpentine Ores, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects.
10. Marti, M.E., Colonna W. J., Patra, P., Zhang, H., Green, C., Reznik, G., Pynn, M., Jarrell, K., Nyman, J.A., Somasundaran, P., Glatz, C.E., Lamsal, B.P.,Production and characterization of microbial biosurfactants for potential use in oil-spill remediation, Enzyme Microbial technology, 2014.
11. P. Patra, P. Somasundaran, Evidence of Conformational Changes in Oil Molecules with Protein Aggregation and Conformational Changes at Oil-'Protein Solution' Interface, ‘Colloid and Surfaces B: bio interfaces, 2014.
12. Binquan Li, P. Somasundaran, Patra. P., Role of self-assembled surfactant structures on spreading of oil on flat surfaces, ‘Advances in Colloids and Interface Science’, 2014.
13. P. Patra, T. Bhambhani, D. R. Nagaraj, P. Somasundaran, Dissolution of serpentine fibers under acidic flotation conditions reduces inter-fiber friction and alleviates impact of pulp rheological behavior on Ni ore beneficiation, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2014.
14. S. E. El-Mofty, PatraP. and P. Somasundaran, Preferential Distribution of Ca2+ Ions in Calcite-H2O Interfacial Electrical Double Layer and Entropic Pumping of Ca2+ Ions to the Interface, Submitted to Applied Materials and Interface (ACS Publications).