Prof. Alexander M. Ponizovsky
Ministry of Health, Israel
1980 Ph.D., Bekhterev Psycho-neurological Research Institute
1973 Postgraduate Institute for Physicians' Training in Neurology, Moscow, Russia
1970 M.D., Moscow Medical Academia, Moscow, Russia
1. Korver-Neiberg N, Berry K, Meijer C, de Haan L, Ponizovsky AM. Association between attachment and psychopathology dimensions in a large sample of patients with psychosis. Psychiatry Research 2015; 228:83-88.
2. Ponizovsky AM, Barshtein G, Nechamkin Y, Lecht S, Bergelson LD. Differences in the Lipid Domain Organization of Erythrocyte Membranes in Patients with Schizophrenia. Journal of Neurology and Psychology 2015; 3:6.
3. Ponizovsky AM, Mansbach-Kleinfeld I. Prevalence of mental disorders and use of services in an immigrant adolescent population: Findings from a national mental health survey. Journal of Child and Adolescent Behavior 2015; 3:176 doi:10.4172/2375-4494.1000176.
4. Ponizovsky AM, Rosca P, Haklai Z, Gogdberger N. Trends in dual diagnosis of severe mental illness and substance use disorders, Israel, 1996-2010. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2015; 148: 203-208.
5. Rosca P, Grinshpoon A, Goldman K, Margolis A, Ponizovsky AM. The Israeli National Substance Abuse Treatment Register (INSATR): A review of the registry-based research findings and future implications. Frontiers in Clinical Medicine 2015;2:20-27.
6. Ponizovsky AM, Rosca P, Aranovich E, Weizman A, Grinshpoon A. Baclofen as add-on to standard psychosocial treatment for alcohol dependence: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with one-year follow-up. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 2014. Published online 2 December 2014; doi:10.1016/j.jsat.2014.11.007
7. Farbstein I, Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Auerbach J, Ponizovsky AM, Apter A. The Israel Survey of Mental Health among Adolescents: Prevalence of ADHD, comorbidity, methylphenidate use and help-seeking patterns. Israel Medical Association Journal 2014; 16: 568–573.
8. Ponizovsky AM, Arbitman M, Baumgarten-Katz I, Grinshpoon A. Attachment s, quality of life and service satisfaction outcomes in patients with schizophrenia in Israel. Journal of Schizophrenia Research 2014; 1:9.
9. Amit BH, Krivoy A, Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Zalsman G, Ponizovsky AM, Hoshen M, Farbstein I, Apter A, Weizman A, Shoval G. Religiosity is a protective factor against suicidal behavior in Jewish adolescents: Findings from a Nationally Representative Survey in Israel. European Psychiatry 2014; 29:509-513.
10. Ponizovsky AM, Marom E, Fitoussi I. Trends in attention deficit hyperactivity desorder drugs consumption, Israel, 2005-2012. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2014; 23:534-538.
11. Ponizovsky AM, Rothstein I, Grinshpoon A. The CANSAS self-report for screening of needs in outpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. Community Mental Health Journal 2013; 50:343-347.
12. Ponizovsky AM, Finkelstein I, Poliakova I, Mostovoy D, Goldberger N, Rosca P. Interpersonal distancing, coping strategies and psychopathology in patients with depression and schizophrenia. World Journal of Psychiatry 2013; 3:74-84.
13. Ponizovsky AM, Drannikov A. Contribution of attachment insecurity to health-related quality of life in depressed patients. World Journal of Psychiatry 2013;3:41-49.
14. Ponizovsky AM, Vitenberg E, Baumgarten-Katz I, Grinshpoon A. Attachment s and affect regulation among outpatients with schizophrenia: Relationships to clinical symptomatology and emotional distress. Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice 2013;86:164-182.
15. Rosca P, Haklai Z, Goldberger N, Zohar P, Margolis A, Ponizovsky AM. Mortality and causes of death among users of methadone maintenance treatment in Israel, 1999-2008. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2012;125:160-163.
16. Ponizovsky AM, Marom E, Zeldin A, Cherny NI. Trends in opioid analgesics consumption, Israel, 2000-2008. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2011; 67:165–168.
17. Ponizovsky AM, Levov K, Schultz Y, Radomislensky I. Attachment insecurity and psychosocial resources associated with adjustment disorders. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry 2011; 81:263-274.
18. Farbstein I, Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Levinson D, Goodman R, Levav I, Vograft I, Kanaaneh R, Ponizovsky AM, Brent DA, Apter A. Prevalence and correlates of mental disorders in Israeli adolescents: results from a national mental health survey. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2010;51:630-639.
19. Ponizovsky AM, Margolis A, Heled L, Rosca P, Radomislensky I, Grinshpoon A. Improved quality of life, clinical and psychosocial outcomes among heroin dependent patients on ambulatory buprenorphine maintenance. Substance Use & Misuse 2010;45:288-313.
20. Zusman SP, Ponizovsky AM, Dekel D, Masarwa A-el-S, Ramon T, Natapov L, Grinshpoon A. An assessment of dental health of chronic hospitalized psychiatric patients in Israel. Special Care in Dentistry 2010;30:18-22.
21. Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Farbstein I, Levinson D, Apter A, Goodman R, Erhard R, Palti H, Brent DA, Ponizovsky AM, Levav I. Use of services for mental disorders and unmet needs: Results from the Israel Survey on Mental Health among Adolescents (ISMEHA). Psychiatric Services 2010;61:241-249.
22. Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Apter A, Farbstein I, Levine SZ, Ponizovsky AM. A population-based psychometric validation study of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire - Hebrew version (SDQ-H). Frontiers in Psychiatry 2010; 1:151. doi: 10.3389/fpsyt.2010.00151.
23. Mansbach-Kleinfeld I, Levinson D, Farbstein I, Apter A, Levav I, Kanaaneh R, Stein N, Erhard R, Palti H, Khwaled R, Ponizovsky AM. The Israel survey of mental health among adolescents: Aims and methods. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2010; 47:244-253.
24. Ponizovsky AM, Radomislensky I, Grinshpoon A. Psychological distress and its demographic associations in an immigrant population: Findings from the Israeli National Health Survey. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 2009; 43:68-75.
25. Ponizovsky AM, Zusman SP, Dekel D, Masawra AS, Ramon T, Natapov L, Yoffe R, Weizman A, Grinshpoon A. Effect of implementing dental services in Israeli psychiatric hospitals on the oral and dental health of inpatients. Psychiatric Services 2009;60:799-803.
26. Ponizovsky AM, Grinshpoon A. Mood and anxiety disorders, health service utilization and psychotropic medication use in an immigrant population in Israel: Findings from the National Health Survey. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry 2009;54:409-419.
27. Ponizovsky AM, Averbuch L, Radomislensky I, Grinshpoon A. A multicenter, randomized, open-labeled, parallel group trial of sildenafil in alcohol-associated erectile dysfunction: The impact on psychosocial outcomes. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2009, 6:2510-2525.
28. Khawaled R, Bauer A, Rosca P, Helman D, Shai U, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky AM. Community emergency psychiatric service in Israel: A one-year experience. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2009;46:207-212.
29. Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky AM. The relationships between need profiles, clinical symptoms, functioning and the well-being of inpatients with severe mental disorder. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 2008;14:218-225.
30. Bauer A, Khawaled R, Rosca P, Ponizovsky AM. Legal representation is associated with psychiatric readmissions. Open Law Journal 2008;1:6-10.
31. Ponizovsky AM, Shvarts S, Sasson R, Grinshpoon A. Mental health knowledge and attitudes among social workers employed in a supported education program for adult students with schizophrenia. American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation 2008;11:279-294.
32. Ponizovsky AM. Clinical and psychosocial factors associated with quality of life in alcohol dependent men with erectile dysfunction. Journal of Sexual Medicine 2008;5:2347-2358.
33. Mirsky J, Kohn R, Levav I, Grinshpoon A, Ponizovsky AM. Psychological distress and common mental disorders among immigrants: Results from the Israeli-based component of the World Mental Health Survey. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2008;69:1715-1720.
34. Grinshpoon A, Friger M, Orev E, Shvarts S, Kaplan Z, Abramowitz MZ, Ponizovsky AM. Relative perceptions of the needs of inpatients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2008;45:201-209.
35. Abramovitz M, Grinshpoon A, Priebe S, Ponizovsky AM. A new institutionalization as a rebound phenomenon. The case of Israel. Israel Journal of Psychiatry 2008;45:272-277.