Prof. Alasdair Vance
University of Melbourne, Australia
2001 Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Monash University
1998 Masters of Medicine (Psychiatry) University of Melbourne
1989 M.B. & B.S., University of Melbourne
1. Vance A, Winther J, Rennie K. (2011) The management of ADHD: the importance of psychosocial and medication treatments. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health (IF) Jan [EPub ahead of print].
2. Connolly A, Vance A. (2010) Psychosocial factors associated with parent and teacher reports of aggression in children and adolescents with ADHD. Australian New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry (IF 2.6) 44: 667-675.
3. Gough J, McCallum Z, Bevan C, Vance A. (2010) Undergraduate child psychiatry teaching of medical students in Melbourne, Australia. Academic Psychiatry 34: 190-194.
4. Gomez R, Vance A, Gomez R. (2010) Item Response Theory Analyses of Parent and Teacher Ratings of ADHD Symptoms for Recoded Dichotomous Scores. Journal of Attention Disorders (EPub ahead of print).
5. Du Yasong, Jiang Wenqing, Vance A. (2010) Longer term effect of randomized controlled group cognitive behavioural therapy for Internet Addiction in adolescent students in Shanghai. Australian New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 44: 129-134.
6. Franklin T, Lee A, Hall N, Hetrick S, Haslam N, Karsz F, Vance A. (2010) The Association of Visuospatial Working Memory with Dysthymic Disorder in Pre-Pubertal Children. Psychological Medicine (IF) 40: 253-262.
7. Vance A, Winther J. (2009) ADHD and dysthymic disorder: towards understanding this common comorbidity in children and adolescents. Current Attention Disorder Reports (IF) 1: 145-151.
8. d’Udekem Y, Cheung M, Setyapranata S, Iyengar AJ, Weintraub RG, Vance A, Penny DJ. (2009) How good is a good Fontan? Quality of Life and exercise capacity of Fontans without arrhythmias. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery (IF) 88: 1961-1969.
9. Chan EP, Mattingley JB, Huang-Pollock C, English T, Hester RL, Vance A, Bellgrove MA. (2009) Abnormal spatial asymmetry of selective attention in ADHD. Journal Child Psychology Psychiatry 50: 1064-1072.
10. Silk T, Vance A, Rinehart N, Bradshaw J, Cunnington R. (2009) White matter abnormalities in fronto-parietal networks in ADHD: a diffusion tensor imaging study. Human Brain Mapping 30: 2757-2765.
11. Barnett R, Maruff P, Vance A. (2009) Neurocognitive function in ADHD with and without comorbid disruptive behaviour disorders. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry (IF 2.6) 43: 722-730.
12. McCarthy MC, Clarke NE, Vance A, Ashley DM, Heath JA & Anderson VA. (2009) Measuring Psychosocial Risk in Families Caring for a Child with Cancer: The Psychosocial Assessment Tool (PAT2.0). Pediatric Blood and Cancer 53: 78-83.
13. Silk T, Vance A, Rinehart N, Bradshaw J, Cunnington R. (2009) Diffusion tensor imaging of the basal ganglia in ADHD. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging (IF 4.0) 172: 220-225.
14. Karsz F, Vance A, Anderson V, Brann P, Wood S, Pantelis C, Brewer W. (2008) Olfactory impairments in child Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry (IF 5.5) 50: 608-612.
15. Hetrick S, Hall N, Vance A (2008). In young people with depressive disorder, does diagnostic specificity matter in the prediction of suicidality? Australian Journal for the Advancement of Mental Health 7: 1-7.
16. Lewis M, Vance A, Maruff P, Wilson P, Cairney S. (2008) Differences in motor imagery between children with DCD and ADHD-CT. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology (IF 2.0) 50: 608-612.
17. McGaw J, Vance A. (2008) Street-smart: Grosz’ co-creation model’s relevance for the interdependence of the built environment, people’s minds and their brains. Emotion, Space and Society 1: 65-69.
18. Vance A. (2008) A current treatment approach for ADHD. Australian Prescriber (IF 1.9) 31: 129-132.
19. Du Y, Li H, Vance A, Zhong Y, Jiao F, Wang H, Wang M, Su L, Yu D, Ma S, Wu J. (2008) A randomized, double-blind, multi-centre, placebo-controlled clinical trial of the clonidine adhesive patch for the treatment of tic disorders.Australian New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry (IF 1.9) 42: 807-813.
20. McGaw J, Vance A. (2008) Urban discourses and neural networks. Junctures 10: 11-22.
21. Y d’Udekem, M Cheung, S Setyapranata, AJ Iyengar, P Kelly, N Buckland, L Grigg, RG Weintraub, AD Cochrane, A Vance, CP Brizard, DJ Penny. (2007) Determinants of exercise capacity and quality of life late after Fontan surgery: is the lateral tunnel better than the atriopulmonary connection? Circulation Surgical Supplement 116: II_479.
22. Vance A, M Casey, F Karsz. (2008) Brain problem reduces coping skills in kids with ADHD. Crime Times 14: 1-2.
23. Vance A. (2008) ADHD: recent advances emerging from cognitive neuroscience. Leadership in Focus 10: 40-41.
24. Bellgrove MA, O’Connell R, Vance A. (2008) Genetics of cognitive deficits in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): clues for novel treatment methods. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics (IF 7.7) 8: 553-561.
25. Gomez R, Vance A. (2008) Parent Ratings of ADHD Symptoms: Differential Symptom Functioning Across Malaysian Malay and Chinese children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology (IF 2.3) 36: 955-967.