Prof. Stuart W. Twemlow
Baylor College of Medicine, USA
1966 M.B. & Ch.B., University of Otago Medical School
1960 B.Sc., University of New Zealand
1. Twemlow S, Sacco F. Bullying is everywhere: ten universal truths about bullying as a social process in schools & communities In Press, Psychoanalytic Inquiry. 2011.
2. Vernberg E, Nelson T, Fonagy P, Twemlow S. (2011) Victimization,Aggression and Visits to the School Nurse for Somatic Complaints,Illness and Physical Injury.Accepted for publication, Pediatrics.
3. Twemlow S, Fonagy P, Sacco F, Vernberg E, Malcolm J. (2011) Reducing Violence & Prejudice in a Jamaican All Age School using Attachment & Mentalization Theory. Accepted for publication, Psychoanalytic Psychology.
4. Biggs B. Vernberg E. Fonagy P. Twemlow S. Little T. Dill E. Peer Victimization Trajectories and their Association with Children’s Affect in Late Elementary School. International Journal of Behavioral Development, In Press, 2010.
5. Twemlow S, Harvey E, Power Issues & Power Struggles in Mental Illness & Everyday Life. International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies, 7: (4)2010.
6. Twemlow S, Hill C, Steel E, Hahn H, A Community of Schools: Psychoanalytic Influences on Peaceful and Academically Strong Schools in USA, Australia, New Zealand and Jamaica. Panel report, International Journal of Psychoanalysis, Accepted for Publication, 2010.
7. Twemlow SW, Review of Synchronicity: Nature & Psyche in an Interconnected Universe By Joseph Cambray. Accepted for publication American Journal of Psychotherapy, 2010.
8. Twemlow S, Vernberg E, Fonagy P, Biggs B, Mize J, Nelson T, Sacco F. A School Climate Intervention that Reduces Bullying by a Focus on the Bystanding Audience rather than the Bully and Victim: The Peaceful Schools Project of the Menninger Clinic and Baylor College of Medicine. In Press, Handbook of School Bullying: An International Perspective Eds. S Jimmerson, D Espelage, S Swearer, 2010.
9. Twemlow S, Fonagy P, Sacco F: An Etiological Cast to the Bystander Role of Teachers and Students in the Social Architecture of Bullying and Violence in Schools & Communities. In Press, Handbook of School Bullying: An International Perspective, Eds S. Jimmerson, D Espelage, S Swearer, 2010.
10. Twemlow S, Sacco F. Preventing School Violence & Bullying for the Mental Health Professional, In Press American Psychiatric Publishing Inc., 2010.
11. Fonagy P, Twemlow S, Vernberg E, Mize J, Dill E, Little T, Sargent AJ, A Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial of a Child -Focused Psychiatric Consultation and a School Systems- Focused Intervention to Reduce Aggression. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 50 (5), 607-616, 2009.
12. Twemlow SW, Sacco FC, Creating and Administering Successful Strategies for School Anti Violence Programs for Vernberg E & Biggs B (Eds), Preventing and Treating Bullying and Victimization, Oxford University Press, 2009.
13. Twemlow SW, Zen, Martial Arts and Psychoanalysis in Training the Mind of the Psychotherapist, 175-195, 2009, In Freud and the Far East, Ed Salman Akhtar, Jason Aronson imprint of Rowman & Littlefield, Maryland.
14. Twemlow SW, In Pursuit of the Muse: Lessons Learned from Martial Arts, Zen Brushings and Psychoanalysis. International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies, 5, (2),110-127. 2008.
15. Biggs,BK, Vernberg, E, Twemlow, SW, Fonagy, P, Dill, EJ, Teacher Adherance and its Relation to Teacher Attitudes and Student Outcomes in an Elementary School-Based Violence Prevention Program. School Psychology Review, 37, (4) 533-549, 2008.
16. Twemlow S, Nelson T, Vernberg E, Biggs B, Fonagy P, Twemlow SW. Effects of Participation in a Martial Arts Antibullying Program on Childrens’ Aggression in Elementary Schools. Psychology in the Schools, 45, (10), 947-959, 2008.
17. Twemlow SW, Sacco F, Fonagy P. Embodying the Mind; Movement as a Container for Destructive Aggression. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 62, (1), 1-33, 2008.
18. Rudden M, Twemlow S, Ackerman S. Leadership and Regressive Group Processes: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Psychoanalysis 89: 993-1010. 2008.
19. Rao,NR, Kramer, M ,Saunders, R, Twemlow S, Lomax, J, Dewan M, Myers M,Goldberg, Cassimir G, Kring K, Othmane, A. An Annotated Bibliography of Professional Literature on International Medical Graduates’ Academic Psychiatry, 2007, 31, 68-83.