Prof. A-Xing Zhu
Department of Geography
University of Wisconsin,USA
1994 Ph.D., Department of Geography, University of Toronto
1987 M.S., Department of Geography, University of Calgary
1983 B.S., Department of Geography, Beijing Normal University
1. Pei, T., C.H. Zhou, A.X. Zhu, B.L. Li, C.Z. Qin, 2010. “Windowed nearest neighbour method for mining spatio-temporal clusters in the presence of noise”, International Journal of Geographic Information Science , Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 925-948.
2. Liu, F., A.X. Zhu, T. Pei, C.Z. Qin, B.L. Li, 2010. “Application of High Temporal Resolution Satellite Remote Sensing in Identifying Soil Texture Patterns.” Journal of Geo-Information Science (Chinese), No. 5, pp. 773-740.
3. Zhu, A.X., F. Qi, A. Moore, J.E. Burt, 2010. “Prediction of soil properties using fuzzy membership”, Geoderma, Vol. 158, pp. 199-206.
4. Yang, L., A.X. Zhu, C.Z. Qin, B.L. Li, T. Pei, W.L. Qiu, Z.G. Xu, 2010. “A purposive sampling design method based on typical points and its application in soil mapping”, Progress in Geographic Science (Chinese), Vol. 29, No. 3. pp. 279-286.
5. Qin, C.Z., Y.J. Lu, W.L. Qiu, A.X. Zhu, L.Y. Zhang, L. Yang. 2010. “Application of fuzzy slope positions in predicting spatial distribution of soil property at finer scale”, Geographic Research (Chinese), Vol. 29, No. 9, pp. 1706-1714.
6. Pei, T., C.Z. Qin, A.X. Zhu*, L. Yang, M. Luo, B.L. Li, C.H. Zhou, 2010. “Mapping soil organic matter using the topographic wetness index: A comparative study based on different flow-direction algorithms and kriging methods”, Ecological Indicator, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 610-619.
7. Zhu, A.X., F. Liu, B.L. Li, T. Pei, C.Z. Qin, G.H. Liu, Y.J. Wang, Y.N. Chen, X.W. Ma, F. Qi, C.H. Zhou, 2010. “Differentiation of soil conditions over flat areas using land surface feedback dynamic patterns extracted from MODIS”, Soil Science Society of America Journal. DOI:10.2136/sssaj2008.0411.
8. Behrens, T., K. Schmidt, A.X. Zhu, T. Scholten, 2010. “The ConMap approach for terrain based digital soil mapping”, European Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 61, No. 1, pp. 133-143.
9. Zhu, A.X., L. Yang, B.L. Li, C.Z. Qin, T. Pei, B.Y. Liu, 2010. “Construction of quantitative relationships between soil and environment using fuzzy c-means clustering”, Geoderma, Vol. 155, No. 3-4, pp. 166-174.
10. Behrens, T., A.X. Zhu, K. Schmidt, T. Scholten, 2010. “Multi-scale digital terrain analysis and feature selection for digital soil mapping”, Geoderma, Vol. 155. No. 3-4, pp. 175-185.
11. Wang, P., A.X. Zhu, Q.G. Cai, H.P. Liu, 2009. “Establishment of conceptual soil erosion model and application in purple soil watershed”, Transactions of the CSAE (Chinese), Vol. 12, pp. 80-87.
12. Qin, C.Z., A.X Zhu, T. Pei, B.L. Li, S. Scholten, T. Behrens, C.H. Zhou, 2009. “An approach to computing topographic wetness index based on maximum downslope gradient”. Precision Agriculture. doi: 10.1007/s11119-009-9152-y.
13. Qin, C.Z., Y.J. Lu, L.L. Bao, A.X. Zhu, W.L. Qiu, W.M. Cheng, 2009. “Simple digital terrain analysis software (SimDTA V1.0) and its application in fuzzy classification of slope positions”, Journal of Geo-Information Science (Chinese), Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 737-743.
14. Pei, T., A.X. Zhu, C. Zhou, B. Li, C. Qin, 2009. “Detecting feature from spatial point processes using Collective Nearest Neighbor”, Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 33, No. 6, pp. 435-447.
15. Ren, G., A.X. Zhu, W. Wang, W. Xiao, Y. Huang, G. Li, D. Li, J. Zhu, 2009. “A hierarchical approach coupled with coarse DEM information for improving the efficiency and accuracy of forest mapping over very rugged terrains”, Forest Ecology and Management, Vol. 258, No. 1, pp. 26-34.
16. Liu, H.L., C.H. Zhou, A.X. Zhu, L. Li, 2009. “Multi-population genetic neural network model for short-term traffic flow prediction at intersections”, Acta Geodaetica et Cartographica Sinica (Chinese), Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 363-368.
17. Qin, C. A.X. Zhu*, X. Shi, T. Pei, B. Li, C. Zhou, 2009. “The quantification of spatial gradation of slope positions”, Geomorphology,Vol. 110, No. 3-4, pp. 152-161.
18. Liu, J., Zhu, A.X., 2009. “Mapping with words: a new approach to automated digital soil survey”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 293-311.
19. Liu, F., A.X. Zhu, B.L. Li, T. Pei, C.H. Qin, G.H. Liu, Y.J. Wang, C.H. Zhou, 2009. “Differentiation of soil spatial variation using land surface dynamics captured by remote sensing techniques”, Soil Information (Chinese), Vol. 40 (3), pp. 501-508.
20. Yang, L., A.X. Zhu, C.Z. Qin, B.L. Li, T. Pei, B.Y. Liu, 2009. “Mapping soil property using fuzzy membership: an example from He Shan, Heilongjiang Province”, Acta Pedologica Sinica (Chinese), Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 9-15.