Dr. Dionisios Gasparatos
Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Environment
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
2007 Ph.D., in Soil Science, Agricultural University of Athens
1997 M.Sc., in Applied Environmental Geology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
1997 B.Sc., in Agronomy, Agricultural University of Athens
1. Giannakopoulou F., C. Haidouti, D. Gasparatos, I. Massas, G. Tsiakatouras 2015. Characterization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes and application for Ni2+ adsorption from aqueous solutions. Desalination and Water Treatment (in press) DOI:10.1080/19443994.2015.1042069.
2. Gasparatos D, G. Mavromati, P. Kotsovilis, I. Massas 2015. Fractionation of heavy metals and evaluation of the environmental risk for the alkaline soils of the Thriassio plain: a residential, agricultural, and industrial area in Greece. Environmental Earth Sciences 74, p. 1099-1108.
3. Matsoukis A., D. Gasparatos, and A. Chronopoulou-Sereli 2015. Mepiquat chloride and shading effects on specific leaf area and K, P, Ca, Fe and Mn contents of Lantana. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture Vol. 27, p. 122-126.
4. Giannakopoulou F., C. Haidouti, D. Gasparatos, G. Tsiakatouras 2015. Removal of Pb+2 and Ni+2 by sorption onto multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Nanotechnology for Water Treatment, 5th Dissemination workshop of the Nano4water cluster, Barcelona, Spain; 01/2015.
5. Matsoukis A., D. Gasparatos, and A. Chronopoulou-Sereli 2014. Environmental conditions and drenched-applied paclobutrazol effects on lantana specific leaf area and N, P, K and Mg content. Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 74, p. 117-122.
6. Mertzimekis T., I. Ioannidis, A. Godelitsas, D Gasparatos, K. Stamoulis, and K. Ioannides. 2014. Assessing Chernobyl’s impact on Central Greece soils: a study overtaken a radiocesium halflife later. Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 16, EGU2014-7817.
7. D. L. Bouranis, S. N. Chorianpoulou, S. Nikologiannis, D. Gasparatos. 2014. Performance of C4 versus C3 grasses in calcareous soil irrigated by slightly saline water in terms of the S:Fe index. 12th International Conference on Protection and Restoration of the Environment, Skiathos island, Greece, June 29 to July 3, 2014.
8. Massas I., D. Kalivas, C. Ehaliotis and D. Gasparatos. 2013. Total and available heavy metal concentrations in soils of the Thriassio Plain (Greece) and assessment of soil pollution indexes. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Vol. 185, p. 6751-6766.
9. Dousis P., I. Anastopoulos, D. Gasparatos, C. Ehaliotis and I. Massas 2013. Effect of Time and Glucose-C on the Fractionation of Zn and Cu in a Slightly Acid Soil. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, Vol. 44, p. 722-732.
10. Gasparatos D. 2013. Sequestration of heavy metals from soil with Fe–Mn concretions and nodules. Environmental Chemistry Letters, Vol. 11, p. 1-9.
11. Roussos P., D. Gasparatos, Ch. Kyriakou, K. Tsichli, E. Tsantili, C. Haidouti. 2013. Growth, nutrient status and biochemical changes in sour orange (Citrus aurantium L.) plants subjected to sodium chloride stress. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, Vol. 44, p. 805-816.
12. Petridis A., D. Gasparatos, C. Haidouti Ch. Paschalidis, P. Zamanidis. 2013 Effect of nitrogen and boron fertilization on Lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) mineral nutrition in a calcareous soil. Cοmmunications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, Vol. 44, p. 733-740.
13. Giannakopoulou F., D. Gasparatos, C. Haidouti and I. Massas. 2012. Sorption behavior of Cesium in two Greek soils: Effects of Cs initial concentration, clay mineralogy and particle size fraction. Soil and Sediment Contamination, Vol. 21, p. 937-950.
14. Giannatou S., F. Giannakopoulou, D. Gasparatos and I. Massas. 2012. Potassium solution concentration effect on Cs sorption in an acid soil, Proceedings of Protection and Restoration of the Environment XI, p. 740-747.
15. Gasparatos D. 2012. Fe-Mn concretions and nodules to sequester heavy metals in soils. In: Environmental Chemistry for a sustainable world Volume 2, E. Lichtfouse, J. Schwarzbauer, D. Robert (Eds), Springer, p. 443-474.
16. Gasparatos D., P.A. Roussos, E. Christofilopoulou and C. Haidouti. 2011. Comparative effects of organic and conventional apple orchard management on soil chemical properties and plant mineral content under Mediterranean climate conditions. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Vol. 11, p. 105-117.
17. Roussos P.A., A. Dimou, A. Assimakopoulou, D. Gasparatos, G. Kostelenos. 2011. Growth and nutrient status of five Greek olive (Olea europaea L.) varieties subjected to sodium chloride stress, Proceedings of International Conference for Olive Tree and Olive Products (OliveBioteq 2011), p. 367-372.
18. Giannakopoulou F., D. Gasparatos, I. Massas and C. Haidouti. 2011. Soil properties and K plant status affect Cs uptake by Lolium perenne plants. Third International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE 2011) & SECOTOX Conference, Skiathos island, June 19 to 24, Greece. p. 281-286.
19. M. Bastounopoulou, D. Gasparatos, C. Haidouti and I. Massas. 2011. Chemical Fractionation and Sorption of Phosphorus in Greek Inceptisols. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, USA Vol. 1, No 1A, 33 – 38.
20. Massas I., D. Gasparatos, P. Kefalas, F. Giannakopoulou K. Spiriounis. 2010. Aqua regia and DTPA metal fractions in top soils of Thriasian plain, Attica, Greece. Book of Abstracts, International Soil Science Congress on ''Management of Natural Resources’ to Sustain Soil Health and Quality'' May 26 – 28, 2010 Samsun Turkey. p. 765-771.
21. Gasparatos D., P.A. Roussos, F. Giannakopoulou, I Massas, C. Haidouti. 2010 Effects of organic versus conventional management on soil and leaf micronutrients in Greek apple orchards. Anadolu Journal of Agricultural Science 25 (S-1), 48-52.
22. Matsoukis, A., Chronopoulou-Sereli, A. and Gasparatos, D. 2009. Influence of triazoles on leaf mineral content of lantana camara subsp. camara in relation to light regime . Acta Horticulturae (ISHS) Vol. 813, p.615-622.
23. Roussos P.A. and D. Gasparatos 2009. Apple tree growth and overall fruit quality under organic and conventional orchard management. Scientia Horticulturae, Vol. 123, p. 247-252.
24. Tsaousidou P., E. Gartzos, A. Tsagalides, C. Haidouti and D. Gasparatos. 2008. Iron oxides in four red Mediterranean soils on metarhyolite and metadolerite in Kilkis, Greece. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, Vol. 54, p. 227 – 235.
25. Matsoukis A., D. Gasparatos, Chronopoulou-Sereli A. 2007. Specific leaf area and leaf nitrogen concentration of Lantana in response to light regime and Triazole treatment. Cοmmunications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, Vol. 37, 2323-2331.
26. Giannakopoulou F., C. Haidouti, Aik. Chronopoulou and D. Gasparatos. 2007. Sorption behavior of cesium on various soils under different pH levels. Journal of Hazardous Material Vol 149, p. 553-556.
27. Papafilippaki A., D. Gasparatos, C. Haidouti and G. Stavroulakis. 2007. Total and bioavailable forms of Cu, Zn, Pb and Cr in agricultural soils: a study from the hydrological basin of Keritis, Chania, Greece. Global Nest Journal Vol. 9, p. 201-206.
28. Roussos P.A, D. Gasparatos, E. Tsantili and C. A. Pontikis. 2007 Mineral nutrition of jojoba explants in vitro under sodium chloride salinity. Scientia Horticulturae, Vol. 114, p. 59-66.
29. Gasparatos, D., C. Haidouti, A. Haroulis, P. Tsaousidou. 2006. Estimation of phosphorus status of soil Fe-enriched concretions with the acid ammonium oxalate method. Cοmmunications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, Vol. 37, 2375-2387.
30. Gasparatos D., D.Tarenidis, C. Haidouti and G. Oikonomou. 2005. Microscopic structure of Fe-Mn nodules: environmental implications. Environmental Chemistry Letters, Vol. 2, p. 175 – 178.
31. Gasparatos, D., C. Haidouti, D. Tarenidis. 2004. Characterization of iron oxides in Fe-rich concretions from an imperfectly drained Greek soil: A study by selective-dissolution techniques and X-ray diffraction. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, Vol. 50, p. 485 – 493.
32. Gasparatos D. and C. Haidouti. 2001. A comparison of wet oxidation methods for determination of total phosphorus in soils. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, Vol. 164, p. 435-439.