Prof. Charles E. Button
Department of Geography
Central Connecticut State University, USA
2003 Ph.D., in GEOGRAPHY, University of Cincinnati
1989 M.S., in GEO-ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, Shippensburg University of PA
1987 B.A., in GEOGRAPHY/LAND USE PLANNING, Mansfield University of PA
1. Button, Charles E. and Barbara A. Clark 2010. Sustainability Transdiscipinary Education Model: Interface of Arts, Science, and Community. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education.
2. Button, Charles E. 2009. Towards Carbon Neutrality and Environmental Sustainability at CCSU. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. Volume 10, Number 3, pp. 279-286.
3. Button, Charles E. and D’Arcy Dornan. 2009. The Northeastern Geographer. Review of Brian Sommers’ book Geography of Wine: How Landscapes, Cultures, Terrior, and the Weather Make a Good Drop. Volume I, p. 69.
4. Button, Charles E., Aaron Budris, Bryan Pavlik, Jonathon Hunter, and Joshua Parasiliti. 2009. Wintergreen Woods Park Management Plan. Prepared for Wethersfield Town Council, Conservation Commission, and Parks & Recreation Commission.
5. Button, Charles E., Aaron Budris, Sareoun E, Marwin Gonzalez, Melissa Pierce, Chris White, Tracy DeGrazia, Joshua Finnie, Bryan Pavlik, and Teri Powell. 2009. Existing Land Use and Natural Resources Inventory of Wintergreen Woods. Prepared for Wethersfield Town Council, Conservation Commission, and Parks & Recreation Commission.
6. Button, Charles E. and Wayne Embacher. 2008. Towards the Development of an Index of Physical Integrity: An Applied Study Within the Farmington River Watershed. Papers of Applied Geography Conferences. Volume 31, pp. 319-328.
7. Button, Charles E. 2008. Soil Lead Contamination at Child Day Care Centers in the Greater Cincinnati Area. The Environmentalist. Volume 28, pp. 69-75.
8. Button, Charles E. (Committee Chair), James Malley, Clayton Penniman, and Mark Evans. August 2008. Rationale for a Masters Degree in Global Sustainability. Prepared for CCSU Dean of Graduate Studies Paulette Lemma.
9. Adams, Abigail and Charles E. Button. April 2008. Sustaining Campus Environmental Sustainability Efforts: Lessons Learned and Insights Shared. Quaker Higher Education Newsletter, volume 2, issue 1.
10. Button, Charles E. (Committee Chair), Abigail Adams, Bob Emiliani, Farid Farahmand, Glynis Fitzgerald, Patricia Gardner, and Drina Lynch. 2008. Emerging Graduate Degrees at Central Connecticut State University. Prepared for CCSU Graduate Studies Committee and Dean Paulette Lemma.
11. Button, Charles E. 2007. Review of Moran, Joseph M. Weather Studies, Introduction to Atmospheric Science, 3rd edition, American Meteorological Society.
12. Button, Charles E. 2006. Review of Getis, Arthur, Judith Getis, Victoria Getis, and Jerome D. Fellmann. Introduction to Geography, 11th edition. McGraw Hill.
13. Button, Charles E. and Christopher Costello. 2006. Wildlife Habitat Restoration and Management Plan. Prepared for National Wildlife Habitat Council.
14. Button, Charles E. 2005. Contemporary Perceptions of the Processes and Variables of Braided Channels. 2005 Proceedings of the New England and St. Lawrence Valley Geographical Society. Volume XXXV, pp. 45-54.
15. Button, Charles E. 2005. Review of Strahler, Alan H. Visualizing Physical Geography 1st edition, John Wiley & Sons.
16. Button, Charles E., Thomas Hill, Paul Karolczyk, Jennifer Piasecki, and Janis Vasseur. 2005. Willow Brook: Water Quality and Stream Health (Fall 2005). Submitted to the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection.
17. Button, Charles E, and Kevin Carifa. 2005. A Land Use Inventory for the Coginchaug River Watershed Land Use Plan. Prepared for Connecticut River Coastal Conservation District.
18. Button, Charles E., Bethany Dunbar, and Michael Cosker. 2005. Willow Brook: Water Quality and Stream Health (Summer 2005). Submitted to the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection.
19. Button, Charles E. 2005. Review of Town of Windsor Plan of Conservation and Development as it Relates to the Future Land Use of the Pleasant Street Historic Railroad Bridge Floodplain Area. Submitted to Town of Windsor Town Council, Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission, Conservation Commission, and Planning and Zoning Commission.
20. Button, Charles E. 2003. review of Brennan, Scott and Jay Withgott. Environment: The Science Behind the Stories 1st edition, Pearson Publishers.