Prof. Abdul Matin
Dean, Faculty of Natural and Health Sciences, University of Baltistan, Pakistan
2008, Ph.D., Medical Microbiology, University of London, United Kingdom
2000, MPhil, Cell Biology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan
1997, B.S., Entomology and Zoology, University of Arid Agriculture, Pakistan
Books, Book Chapters, Dissertation
- Matin, A. 2020. Pathogenesis of Balamuthia Amoebic Encephalitis. Lambert Academic Publications.
- Alouffi, A. S., Turki M. Dawoud, T. M., Almaary, K. S., Mubarak, A. S., JarAllah, K., Matin, A. First report of detection of IgA anti-Acanthamoeba antibodies among Saudi population and amoeba isolation from their surroundings. Malaysian Society of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine. 38(1): 73-80.
- Rafique, MW., Manan, T., Slaeem, S., Matin, A., and Ahmad, I. Type 1 fimbriae and motility play a pivotal role during interactions of Salmonella typhimurium with Acanthamoeba castellanii (T4 Genotype). Current Microbiology. 77: 836–845.
- Sirajuddin, M., Tariq, M., Ali, S.,McKeed, V., Matin, A. Synthesis, characterization and biological screenings of 5-coordinated Organotin (IV) complexes based on carboxylate ligand. Journal of Molecular Structure. 1206:127683.
- Matin, A. Acanthamoeba; a potential reservoir for environmental transmission of COVID-19 with public health significance: pros and corns. The Open Microbiology Journal, 14; 130-131.
- Matin, A., Brief review of anti-Brucella antibodies among Saudi population: Prevalence prospective. CPQ Microbiology. 3 (4): 1-5.
- Gil, A., Rafique, MW., Manan, T., Slaeem, S., Römling, U., Matin, A., and Ahmad., I. The cellulose synthase BcsA plays a role in interactions of Salmonella typhimurium with Acanthamoeba castellanii genotype T4. Parasitology Research. 117 (7); 2283-2289.
- Tanveer. T., Nawaz, S and Matin. A. Therapeutic potential of folk plants used against pathogenic and opportunistic free living amoeba (Acanthamoeba, Balamuthia and Naegleria); a review. International Journal of Cell Science and Molecular Biology. 4 (1); 1-13.
- Matin. A. Nawaz S. and Jung, S-Y. Effect of macrophage alone or primed with cytokines on Balamuthia mandrillaris interactions with human brain microvascular endothelial cells in vitro. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 31(6): 2553-2559.
- Tanveer, T., Hameed, A., Dukhyil A. A., Alaidarous, M., Matin, A. Isolation of thermotolerant pathogenic Naegleria australiensis from diverse water resources including household drinking water in Pakistan. Acta Protozoologica. 56: 321-326.
- Matin, A. Primary amebic meningoencephalitis; a new emerging public health threat by Naegleria fowleri in Pakistan. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Drug Design. 1: 1-3.
- Imran, M., Muazzam, AG., Habib, A and Matin, A. Synthesis, characterization and amoebicidal potential of locally synthesized TiO2 nanoparticles against pathogenic Acanthamoeba trophozoites in vitro. Journal of Photochemistry & Photobiology B: Biology. 159: 125-132
- Sohaib HM, Nawaz S, and Matin A., Methanolic extracts of Peganum harmala exhibit potent activity against Acanthamoeba castellanii cysts and its encystment in vitro. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 29(6):1993-1996.
- Tanveer, T., Hameed, A., Gul, A and Matin, A. Quick survey for detection, identification and characterization of Acanthamoeba genotypes from some selected soil and water samples in Pakistan. Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine. 22 (2): 232-235.
- Ajmal, M, Yunus, U, Matin, A, Haq N. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro evaluation of methotrexate conjugated fluorescent carbon nanoparticles as drug delivery system for human lung cancer targeting. Journal of Photochemistry & Photobiology B: Biology. 153: 111-120.
- Saeed A, Mahesar PA, Zaib S, Khan MS, Matin A, Shahid M, Iqbal J. Synthesis, cytotoxicity and molecular modelling studies of new phenylcinnamide derivatives as potent inhibitors of cholinesterases. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 78: 43-53.
- Erben F, Michalik D, Feist H, Kleeblatt D, Hein M, Matin A, Iqbal J, Langer P. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of (Z)-1-glycosyl-3-(5-oxo-2-thioxoimidazolidin-4-ylidene)indolin-2-ones and (Z)-3-(2-glycosylsulfanyl-4-oxo-4,5-dihydro-thiazol-5-ylidene)indolin-2-ones. RSC Advances, 4: 10879-10893.
- Kleeblatt D, Cordes CA, Lebrenz P, Hein M, Feist H, Matin A, Raza R, Iqbal J, Munshi O, Rahman Q, Villinger A, and Langer P. Synthesis and Antiproliferative Activity of N-Glycosyl-3,3-diaryloxindoles. RSC Advances. 4: 22828-22839.
- Matin. A. Jung, S-Y and Nawaz S. In vitro assessment of cytokines interactions with Balamuthia mandrillaris using human brain microvascular endothelial cells. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 27(1):107-113.
- Erben F, Kleeblatt D, Sonneck M, Hein M, Feist H, Fahrenwaldt T, Fischer C, Matin A, Iqbal J, Plötz M, Eberle J and Langer P. Synthesis and antiproliferative activity of selenoindirubins and selenoindirubin-N-glycosides. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 11(24):3963-3978.
- Shoaib. H.M, Muazzam. A.G, Mir. A, Jung. S-Y and Matin. A. Evaluation of inhibitory potential of some selective methanolic plants extracts on biological characteristics of Acanthamoeba castellanii using human corneal epithelial cells in vitro. Parasitology Research. 112 (3): 1179-1188.