Name: Anthony R. Lupo
Affiliation: School of Natural Resources, University of Missouri
Climate change and broadcast meteorology
Climate dynamics and variability
Dynamics of atmospheres and ocean
Hydrology, oceans and atmosphere
Theoretical and applied climatology
Weather systems, numerical weather prediction
1995 Ph.D. - Purdue University, Atmospheric Science
1991 M.S. - Purdue University, Atmospheric Science
1988 B.S. - State University of New York at Oswego, Meteorology
1986 A.S. - Cayuga County Community College, Math/Science
Publications: (Since 2014)
1. Lupo, A.R., Heaven, B., Matzen, J., Rabinowitz, J.L. (2020) The interannual and interdecadal variability in tropical cyclone activity: A decade of changes in the climatological character. Chapter 1, 22 p, reviewed. Book: Current Topics in Tropical Cyclone Research (A.R. Lupo editor) Intech Publishers, in press.
2. Kononova, N.K. and Lupo, A.R. (2019) Investigation of the variability of circulation regimes and dangerous weather phenomena in Russia in the 21st century. IOP Manuscript, 9 pages, in press.
3. Klaus, E.M., Market, P.S., Lupo, A.R., Bodner, M.J., and Kastman, J.S. (2020) Projecting Northern Hemisphere Flow Regime Transition Using Integrated Enstrophy. Under revision, Atmosphere, August, 2020.
4. Balkissoon, S.S., Fox, N.I., and Lupo A.R. (2020) Fractal Characteristics of Tall Tower Speeds in Missouri. Renewable Energy, 154, 1346 - 1356.
5. Balkissoon, S.S., Bongard, J.T., Cain, T., Candela, D.M., Clay, C., Efe, B., Ji, Q., Klaus, E.M., Korner, A.P., Mitchell, K., Ritter, S.B., Rojas, K., Niemeyer, J.M., Rabinowitz, J.L., Sumrall, P., Market, P.S., and Lupo, A.R. (2020) Hurricane Florence Makes Landfall in the Southeast USA: Sensitive Dependence on Initial Conditions, Parameterizations, and Integrated Enstrophy. Atmospheric and Climate Sciences, 10, article ID 98159, 24 p..
6. Kononova, N.K., and Lupo, A.R. (2020) Changes in the Dynamics of the Northern Hemisphere Atmospheric Circulation and the Relationship to Surface Temperature in the 20th and 21st Centuries. Atmosphere, 11, 14 pp. doi:10.3390/atmos11030255.
7. Efe, B., Lupo, A.R., and Deniz, A. (2020) Extreme Temperatures linked to the Atmospheric Blocking Events in Turkey between 1977 – 2016, Under Revision Natural Hazards, August, 2020.
8. Yu, B., and Lupo, A.R. (2019) Large-Scale Atmospheric Circulation Variability and Its Climate Impacts, Atmosphere, Special Issue. Editorial paper. Article ID: atmosphere-10-00329: doi:10:3390/atmos10060329.
9. Efe, B., Lupo, A.R., Deniz, A. (2019) The Relationship Between Atmospheric Blocking and Precipitation Changes in Turkey between 1977 – 2016. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 138, 1573–1590.
10. Lebedeva, M.G., Lupo, A.R., Solovyov, A.B., and Chendev, Y.G. (2020) The formation of sugar beet harvest under modern climatic conditions during the vegetation period. Climate, 8, 46; doi:10.3390/cli8030046.
11. Wood, J.D., Sadler, E.J., Fox, N.I., Greer, S.T., Gu, L., Guinan, P.E., Lupo, A.R., Market, P.S., Rochette, S.M., Speck, A., White, L.D. (2019) Land-atmosphere responses to a total solar eclipse in three ecosystems with contrasting structure and physiology. JGR Atmospheres https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JD029630.
12. Reynolds, D.D., Lupo, A.R., Jensen, A.D., and Market, P.S. (2019) The Predictability of Northern Hemispheric Blocking Using an Ensemble Mean Forecast System. The Open Atmospheric Science Journal, 13, 3-18.
13. Lupo, A.R., Jensen, A.D., Mokhov, I.I., Timazhev, A.V., Eichler, T., and Efe, B. (2019) Changes in Global Blocking Character During the Most Recent Decades, Atmosphere, 10, 19pp Article ID 00092.
14. Lupo, A.R., Jensen, A.D., Mokhov, I.I., and Wang, Y. (2019) Large-scale dynamics, anomalous flows, and teleconnections: 2018. Advances in Meteorology, Special Issue: Large Scale Atmospheric Science, 2018 Volume 2018 (2019), Article ID 3934195 https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3934195. Chief Guest Editor.
15. Phung, Q., Thompson, A., Baffaut, C. Costello, C., Sadler, E.J., Lupo, A.R, Svoma, B.M., Gautam, S. (2018) Evaluation of the effect of climate and land use changes on hydrologic processes in a primarily rainfed, agriculturally-dominated watershed. JAWRA, 55, 1196 - 1215.
16. Kutta, E, Hubbart, J.A., Eichler, T., and Lupo, A.R. (2018) Symmetry of Energy Divergence Anomalies Associated with the El Niño-Southern Oscillation. Atmosphere 2018, 9(9), 342; doi:10.3390/atmos9090342
17. Lebedeva, M.G., Lupo, A.R., Chendev, Y.G., Krymskaya, O.V., Solovyev A.B. (2019) Changes in the Atmospheric Circulation Conditions and Regional Climatic Characteristics in Two Remote Regions since the mid-20th Century. Atmosphere, 10, 11, 23 p.
18. Efe, B., Sezen, I., Lupo, A.R., Deniz, A. (2019) The Relationship Between Atmospheric Blocking and Temperature Observations in Turkey between 1977 – 2016. International Journal of Climatology. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.6253
19. Woollings, T., Barriopedro Cepero, D., Methven, J., Son, S-W., Harvey, B., Martius, O., Sillmann, J., Lupo, A.R., Seneviratne, S., 2018: Blocking and its response to climate change. Current Climate Change Reports, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40641-018-0108-z.
20. Rabinowitz, J.L., Lupo, A.R., Guinan, P.E. (2018) Evaluating linkages between Atmospheric blocking patterns and Heavy Rainfall Events across the North-Central Mississippi River Valley. Advances in Meteorology, 2018, Article ID 1217830, 7 p.