Aims & Scope
Open Journal of Genetics (OJGen) is an international journal dedicated to the latest advancements of Genetics. The goal of this journal is to provide a platform for scientists and academicians all over the world to promote, share, and discuss various new issues and developments in different areas of Genetics.
All manuscripts must be prepared in English and are subject to a rigorous and fair peer-review process.
Generally, accepted papers will appear online within 3 weeks followed by printed hard copy. The journal publishes original papers including but not limited to the following fields:
· Classical and Developmental Genetics
· Conservation and Ecological Genetics (including Behavioural Genetics)
· Evolutionary and Population Genetics (except Human)
· Genetic Engineering
· Genetics of Plants and Animals in Agriculture (including Quantitative Genetics)
· Human and Medical Genetics (including Quantitative Genetics, Population Genetics, Psychiatric Genetics)
· Microbial Genetics
· Molecular Genetics (including Gene Characterization and Polymorphisms, Control of Gene Expression and Epigenetics)
· Technical Tips and Improvement
We are also interested in: 1) Short Reports – 2-5 page papers where an author can present either preliminary data or an idea with theoretical background but has not yet completed the research needed for a complete paper or preliminary data; 2) Book Reviews – Comments and critiques