Prof. Abdulghani M. Alsamarai
College of Applied Medical Sciences
Lahaye International University, Iraq
1986 Ph.D., Sheffield University, Infectious Diseases
1977 M.D., Basrah University, Medicine
1. Efficacy of oral treatment with acyclovir and trimoxazole in first episode genital herpes. Gen Urinary Med [England] 1986: 62: 33 - 7.
2. Susceptibility of HSV strains from patients with genital herpes treated with various formulations of ACV. J Antimicrob Chemother; 1986; 18: 113 - 120S.
3. Detection of syphilis antibodies using two different tests. Med J Basrah Univ; 1987; 6:91-97.
4. Sensitivity of HSV isolates to Foscarnet in vitro. Med J Basrah Univ; 1987: 6: 73 - 87.
5. Normal serum immunoglobulins levels among children in a primary school in Basrah: results of pilot study. Med J Basrah Univ 1987:6:117-123.
6. Susceptibility of bacterial uropathogens to antimicrobial agents in Basrah. Med J Basrah Univ; 1988; 7: 73 - 81.
7. Bacteraemia in Basrah University Teaching Hospital: Incidence, microbiologic features and therapeutic pattern. Ann Saudi Med. 1989; 9 : 165-170.
8. Sequential genital infections with HSV type 1 & 2 .Gen Urinary Med [England]; 1989; 65: 39-41.
9. Infection in the surgical intensive care unit in Basrah University Teaching Hospital: A prospective study. Pattern of antibiotic usage. Emirate Med J; 1990; 8 ; 17-21 .
10. Type incidence of HSV in clinical isolates from patients with herpes genitalis. Ann Saudi Med; 1990; 10 : 156-160.
11. Herpes simplex specific IgA antibody in patients with primary or recurrent genital herpes. Med J Basrah Univ; 1992; 10; 15-24.
12. Surgical wound infections in Basrah Teaching Hospital. Med J Basrah Univ; 1990; 9: 63-76.
13. HLA antigens associated with susceptibility to HSV infection. Disease Marker [USA]; 1991; 9; 281-287.
14. Incidence of skin diseases in Samara. Med J Tikrit Univ; 1995:1:53-60.
15. Rotavirus infection among children under the age of five in Basrah: a community based study. Health Ser J E M R [WHO]; 1993; 7; 41-47.
16. In vitro susceptibility of urinary bacterial isolates to gentamicin: six years study... Med J Tikrit Univ; 1996:2:83-92.
17. Single dose cefotaxime in treating uncomplicated genital gonorrhea. Med J Tikrit Univ; 1996:2:26-32.
18. The competition ELISA for measurement of HSV type specific antibodies. J K A AU M S 1991;1: 17-28.
19. Sensitivity of HSV strains from patients with genital herpes treated with ACV. Med J Tikrit Univ;1997:3:26-33.
20. Typing of HSV in clinical isolates by ELISA. Jord Med J 1993;27:77-90.
21. Clinico - epidemiological characteristics of Rotavirus infections among under five in Basrah. Med J Tikrit Univ, 1997;3: 65-72.
22. Meningitis in Iraq among pediatric age group. I. Epidemiology. Med J Tikrit Univ , 1997:3:128 – 136.
23. Meningitis in Iraq among pediatric age group. II. Clinical presentation, laboratory investigations and outcome. Med J Tikrit Univ, 1997:3:137-145.
24. Incidence of HBsAg and HCV in SDP. Med J Tikrit Univ;1997:3:163-169.
25. Incidence of tinea capitis in Iraq among primary school children. EMHJ. 2000; 6:128-137.
26. Tinea capitis in IRAQ: Laboratory view. EMHJ. 2000; 6:138-148.
27. Tinea capitis in IRAQ: Clinical types. JIMA North America. 1999; 31: 239-244.
28. The Clinico - etiologic correlates of tinea capitis in Kirkuk IRAQ. A community based study. Med J Tikrit Univ 2000; 6:1-9.
29. Clinical variants of tinea capitis in IRAQ: A community based study. Med J Tikrit Univ 2000; 6:34-44.
30. Brush sampling for diagnosing tinea capitis in primary school children: A community based comparative study. Med J Tikrit Univ 2000; 6:76-82.
31. Epidemiological characteristics of tinea capitis in Kirkuk. IRAQ. A community based study. Med J Tikrit Univ 2001;7:1-8.
32. Application of neutral red method for detection of Candida in human scales. Med J Tikrit Univ 1999; 5:258-262.